Monday, March 19, 2012

3/19/12 - Costume Fitting and Day Off

What happened today:

There were two moose in our front yard this morning!




I had a costume fitting at the opera office
I ran 5 miles at the gym
Had quiche with my host's new in-laws for dinner




Received a care package from the awesomest boyfriend ever, Noodle



General ramblings:

Seeing two moose so close up was just incredible. They were just calmly chewing their cud, or whatever. The baby got up and try to nibble on the birch tree, but there was nothing to be had. Then the mama got up, looked me over, posed for a photo, and moved along down the street. Weird thing - at four or five houses on our street, there was a pile of moose nuggets at each driveway. It's like they walked down the street and marked their territory. I wonder what that means.

Costume fitting was a breeze because I had already tried on most of mine, they just needed to add some length to the main dress. Mine is one of only two costumes that they are building, which is kinda cool. The opera office is in a warehouse kind of area, it reminds me of how Utah Opera's production studio was about ten or twelve years ago.

Running at the gym was awesome. It's been a long time since I worked out so hard that I felt like puking and then had to drive myself home. But after three days off, I thought it was a good time to go for the long run. I may be ready to aim for Bloomsday after all.

Care package is so great - that coffee is going to be amazing tomorrow. I ate a couple of the cookies, and I'll probably take the rest to share with the cast tomorrow. I'm eating a bit of the chocolate now - dark chocolate with sea salt. It is wonderful. Yay for the tastes of Zabar's!




Here's where I am today:

A bit dehydrated, ready for a nice sleep. I suppose using potato chips and chocolate chip cookies to recover from a run is not the smartest choice I've ever made, but so be it. I got a glimpse of the theater today, when I went to pick up my care package - I am stoked to get in there tomorrow and start figuring stuff out. And driving down there was like a test run. It's so weird that I haven't been north of Northern Lights Boulevard all this time. It's like discovering a new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment