Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5/12 - Show Number Six and Opening Day

I woke up at the crack of 8am to go to The Peanut Farm to watch the Red Sox opener against the Detroit Tigers. We lost, but it was a really, really great game. I'm so glad I went. They put the game on whatever screen I wanted, and gave me this little personal speaker thing, so I could hear everything. That was nice.




My dad's wife really enjoyed the show last night, which was great. I think we all felt like it was a good performance. She happened to be sitting next to the woman who runs the bar where Intermezzo was holding its after-show party. (Intermezzo is a social group for 20s and 30s age people to come to the opera, trying to encourage that age group to get involved.) Anyway, at intermission, they thought the crowd wasn't being vocal enough with their energy and support, so they started clapping and laughing louder to try to get the crowd going. That was pretty cool. And we got a standing ovation again. Oh, and Dad's wife got to see a moose grazing at the side of the road on her way to the airport, so I feel like that is a success.

Now that it's just a few days until I go home, I'm getting a little freaked out by all that is going on and all that I have to do. My mother, sister, and niece are coming up on  Friday, which is totally awesome. But I've got to make sure that I get everything done, like packing and checking in for my flight. And I can't really hang out with them on Saturday because we have a matinee. I guess they'll entertain themselves, I can't adopt that as my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment