Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3/13/12 - Day Off for Mother Abbess

I was feeling lonely for Noodle today, so I made this little video to send to him. It's one of his favorite clips.

What happened today:

Went to an Alaska Club Express and...it was weird.
Getting ready to go see a movie at the cheap theater - The Woman in Black. We'll see if Daniel Radcliffe has chops. I'm going during the day so that I don't get freaked out, if it actually turns out to be truly scary.

General ramblings:

The Express gym...yeah, so, there were no employees working there. It's open 24 hours, but only staffed during certain hours. There was supposed to be someone there when I arrived, but no. It was luck that a manager from another location just happened to be working out there today, so he let me in (normally you scan your membership card and the door unlocks,) and signed me in. So that was cool. But there are only two dressing rooms that everyone has to share, one person at a time. And all the lockers were half-size. They also had individual TV screens in front of every treadmill. So I couldn't NOT be staring at a screen. Not sure I'll be visiting that location again.

"The Woman in Black" was okay. Definitely some creepy moments that made me jump. I am glad I only spent $3.50 to see it. But the ticket lady liked my Red Sox cap! Said that people were mean about them because they are jealous because the Sox are so good! Ha! Oh, and even though the ticket prices are low, the concession stand prices were on par with New York prices. $6 for a small popcorn! No thanks! And my box of raisinets was 25 cents more than the movie ticket. Ah, well. The people in the audience were at least as noisy as a NYC audience. Two phones went off, the group of teenagers behind me were medically incapable of not talking, a group of 2 or 3 black girls in the back kept giggling and walking in and out. Oh, and some mother-daughter combination several rows in front also couldn't stop laughing in weird places. Not nervous laughter, but more like they were not even watching the movie.

Here's where I am today:

Probably should have sung...and rehearsed my dialog...and staging...but I didn't. But I had to watch Downton Abbey and eat a sticky bun! I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow. Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment