Sunday, March 18, 2012

3/18/12 - Lunch with the Stars & Full Run of the Show

What happened today:

The Guild is throwing a lunch at the Petroleum Club, and Maria, Captain, Max, and I will sing for them



Had the final run-through in the Northern Lights rehearsal space. This is the last sunset I will see from there! (Until Anchorage Opera hires me again, hint, hint!)


I ate a sticky bun that was so hard that it broke my plastic fork in two places - a tine and the handle


Closed out the night by calling Noodle at 2am his time. To be fair, he had JUST sent me an email, 6 minutes prior.

General ramblings:

I love getting a chance to sing other stuff from the show. I don't know if it's an artist thing, but I'm always anxious to show that I can do other stuff, too. My host is so funny, she's a self-proclaimed introvert, and does not care for these social events. I have told her many times that she doesn't have to go, but she's on the board of the Guild, so is obligated to go.  I am much the same - not crazy about required social events, so I totally get where she's coming from. (Incidentally, she said that when her husband was alive, he was the gregarious one, never met a stranger, and she was the "card-carrying introvert." That is SO much like Noodle and me. I love it.

Tonight is our last rehearsal in the rehearsal space, and then we move to the theater! It's so great to be getting in there so early, but since most of this week will be spent tweaking the sound system, I guess it's necessary. Still, I'm looking forward to getting in there and seeing the space!

Okay, lunch finished! It went really well, they sold out the lunch, which someone said they had never done before. We all sang really well and they liked us. The food was pretty good, and I enjoyed talking to the people at my table, which is always a plus.

The chocolate mousse was only so-so


Tomorrow they start working with the sound technician at the theater. We do that all next week. Those are going to be some looooong evenings. Patience will be the name of the game.


Here's where I am today:

I'm good, but I'm tired. My eyes are still burning from wearing make-up earlier today. Looking forward to going back to the gym tomorrow, going to try to run 5 miles. We'll see. I have a costume fitting, too, which should be pretty straightforward, especially since I already tried most of it on a couple days ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment