Sunday, March 4, 2012

3/3/12 Traveling to Anchorage

Blogging on the plane. Well, not really, I'll have to post this when I arrive.

Woke up at 4am, Noodle came with me to the airport. The shuttle was late, but we still had about half an hour to sit together at the airport having coffee. When I went through security, we kept turning back to each other and waving and saying goodbye. But when I finally turned the corner, I cried and cried. It was a sad trip through security.

The plane boarded super early. OH - and didn't charge me for going 2 pounds over weight on my big suitcase - sweet. Anyway, we pulled away from the gate as close to on time as I have in the past ten years. Alaska gets gigantic love from me so far today

Not a full flight, many people, including me have an empty seat next to them. Since I have the space, I dug out my computer and now I'm watching "Kung Fu Panda." Thought about doing the wi-fi but I bet it's expensive and unreliable, so forget that for now. It's tempting though. But maybe this is a good way to start getting used to not being able to check my email and iphone every few minutes.

Added later

The flight from Seattle to Anchorage was also pretty smooth. It was full, but the people seemed friendly - it seemed like the Alaska way. People talked to each other easily, helped each other with seating arrangements and fitting in the carry-ons. I was down with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment