Sunday, March 4, 2012

3/4/12 - Settling into Anchorage

What happened today:

Slept in until 8am, which is AWESOME. I was sure I'd be stuck on New York time.
Had a fabulous workout at The Alaska Club - huge props to them for offering one month passes to the guest artists at the Opera company. And huge props for being a very nice club.
Explored downtown Anchorage.
Went shopping with my host, which was cool because then I could take it all in instead of concentrating on the ice and snow on the roads.
Saw the Chugach mountains in the east because the day is clear. 
My host made dinner - roast pork loin, asparagus, and garlic bread - nice!

General ramblings:

It was colder than it's been in New York all winter



My first view of the Chugach  mountains was in my rear view mirror and it totally blew my mind. Reminds me a little of the view to the east in Salt Lake City, Utah. 






Tried to think of everything I might want to eat in the next few weeks



Wandering around downtown was cool, trying to get my bearings. It was cold. I will try not to talk about the cold every day, but I expected it, and was still surprised by it. Also got asked for five bucks by a panhandler. That seems like a lot to ask for!

Here's where I am today:

I feel so good after going for a run. I'm also a little nervous because rehearsals start tomorrow! We are doing both of my big scenes! I guess I will get all my nerves out of the way in one swell foop!

No comments:

Post a Comment