Saturday, March 24, 2012

3/23/12 - May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

What happened today:

Going to see "The Hunger Games"!!!!!!
I have the day off otherwise, probably go to the gym.

General ramblings:

It was cool to hang with the cast last night. Walking back to my car, though, I got to see downtown Anchorage after dark. Possibly a scary place. Pretty dark, lots of places where someone could jump out at you. Or just sneak out at you. And this was disturbing - I saw one guy sleeping on the street, in a sleeping bag. It was only about 10 degrees out. I heard him talking to another (probably) homeless guy, and he seemed ok. But wow, man, that was harsh. 

The Hunger Games was good, I liked it. I did not love it.  But I'm realy glad we all went to see it. I think everyone liked it.

Today my host was billed for my internet usage. I can't believe it, I had no clue that they would do that, I thought you just pay for your modem and use it as you see fit. But they've been charging by the mbps or whatever - $185 for the past (almost) three weeks. Oy. I'm probably going to have to ask Dad to spot me those two bills. And now I don't have wifi at home for the next two weeks. How sad. Good thing I had gotten to the end of Season One of "Downton Abbey!"

Watched Law & Order while working out at the gym - going later in the afternoon is the way to do it! Helped me do elliptical for 40 minutes and stairmaster for 15 - awesome.

Found out there's wifi at the theater, so I'll haul my computer over there tomorrow and see how that goes. The Kaladi Brothers Cafe that's attached to the same building also has free wifi, so hopefully one of them will be steady.


Here's where I am today:

My tongue is all rough from eating too much salt, that's where I am today. Ha! Kinda bummed about the wifi BUT I just installed the Netflix app on my phone, so I can watch movies and tv to pass the time. Tomorrow is a long long day - 9:30am - 7:00pm. I foresee a lot of sitting around, so again, patience is key. That's cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment