Sunday, March 25, 2012

3/25/12 - Day Off at Arctic Valley...sort of...

 What happened today:

We're going snow tubing today! I've never done it, I'm super excited! It seems a little less death-defying than I thought, but that's good!

Maestro was featured on the front page of the Arts section of the paper today, with a huge photograph and a really nice article. Awesome!




Practiced music for my recitals with Noodle that are coming up. Felt good. I needed that because yesterday my voice felt wrecked and it bummed me out.

Had a lovely phone call with Noodle. He has a big gig tonight and I wish I could be there to see him play. Boo.











Edited later to add -

The snow tubing place was sold out! So we made our own fun on a hill in the parking lot. It was so beautiful being up there!




General ramblings:

Something I didn't post about yesterday - the thaw started yesterday, and oh my hell, it's about as scary and treacherous as the ice and snow! Water all over the roads, and in some places, not even just off to the side, or at corners. At one block of Benson Boulevard, near Old Seward Highway, it was a few feet of water across the whole roadway. Luckily, most people were slowing down to deal with it. My little car could almost not take it. And I was worried that when I stepped on the brakes, the cars behind me might not see. Man, that really sucked. And of course I kept thinking, what happens when this freezes overnight?

Yeah, so the tubing didn't happen. So we parked in the lot, and right by the lot was this big old hill that some kids were sliding down, just bare. So we started doing it, too. I only did it once because I was not too keen on climbing back up the hill in snow that is many feet deep. So I just took a bunch of photos.



You can see why I didn't want to bother climbing back up. I only went down when Captain agreed to move the car to the bottom of the hill, hahaha. After we were done, it was time for hot chocolate of course. Maestro felt bad that we didn't get to tube, (it was his idea in the first place,) so he bought us a round of cocoas and we sat around gabbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment