Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/6/12 - Day off for Mother Abbess

Trying to go back to my original format when I started this. I'll have to see if I like it now that we're into the rehearsal process.

What happened today:

Day two of rehearsals aaaaaand, it's a day off for me!
Swept two inches of snow off my car, later it got up to 33 degrees
The sky cleared up and the day was beautiful



Had a good run at Planet Fitness and good coffee at Kaladi Brothers


Noodle sent me a photo of the Donut Plant in New York, so of course I had to seek out a doughnut shop here. I found Golden Donuts where I had a maple bar and a chocolate frosted. The chocolate was delicious!


Oh, and my host made me a wonderful dinner of shrimp, fried eggplant, salad, and asparagus!

General ramblings:

Of course it's a day off, we did most of my stuff last night. And now that I (seem to) have slept off the jet-lag, I can sit down with the script and review what we did last night, write it into the book, and walk it through on my own a couple of times.

I can also really internalize and then physicalize and vocalize the attitude of M.A. that we talked about last night. I wish we were video taping rehearsals because at least a couple of times, the music director or the director said something like, "when you said such-and-such the third time, you really had it, work toward that, that's really great," I would think....ok, now which time was that? 

REALLY awesome approach by the interim music director - doing the aria first, and then bringing that intensity to the spoken dialog. It totally worked, which was not surprising, but it was something I had not thought about before.

It is also great to finally have faces and bodies to put to the names of the nuns! It gives me so much to react to and helps me define my body language and vocal inflections.

Here's where I am today:

I am relaxed. Got that first rehearsal out of the way, jitters are gone. And I know what I need to do moving forward. I am also looking forward to getting to the gym! Time for a nice long run and then a nice long stretch. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment