Friday, March 30, 2012

3/30/12 - It's Opening Night!

What happened today:

We open tonight at 8pm! If you're near Anchorage, come check us out!

I have a lot of little errands to run today, so if I have time, I might make it over to the theater.

Had a good workout at the gym, feeling good about sticking with it so well for the past four weeks.

Wrote out cards for everybody in the cast and crew.

General ramblings:

The student performance last night went really well, and the kids were an AWESOME audience. They really loved it, and they clapped and cheered and whooped for everyone. Besides that, it was just good to have an audience at all. It really changes the energy, not only of the performance, but the hour leading up to the performance. When you can hear the crowd milling around in the house, it just adds something to your soul. 

I forgot to post this yesterday - a couple of nights ago, I almost left my computer in the theater! Holy cow, that would have sucked. Clearly my mind was on other things, because that is very unlAike me. I had actually left the building before I realized it. And last night, I was already driving away before I realized that I wasn't wearing my glasses! What's funny about that is that it wasn't my vision that made me realize it. I went to push my glasses up on the bridge of my nose...and there they weren't! Ha!

Quick edit from the dressing room during intermission. Everything seems to be going well! Really well, even! The audience is responding a bit (I always wish for more,) and I felt like my aria went pretty well. When I turned to Maria for the second B section, there was a tear glistening on her cheek! How moving. It almost got me choked up. But maybe her knees were just hurting from kneeling on the hard floor. I admit, I'd love a big huge bravo from the audience one of these nights... just sayin'.

Here's where I am today:

Feeling more vocally confident after nailing the aria for the past two nights. Woot. Ready to get the show running, though this weekend is going to be killer - four shows in 48 hours....can that even be right? Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon. That's within 48 hours, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment