Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3/21/12 - Another Day Off

What happened today:

There was an earthquake here last night! I believe I was still awake, just barely, but I didn't feel it
I had a good practice, reminded myself of some arias.
Finally learned how to properly set the alarm when leaving the house! I've been faking it for two and a half weeks!
A guy at the grocery store scanned his Safeway card for me and saved me 5 bucks!

General ramblings:

I felt like a cranky old lady at the store, being scandalized by the cereals that were there. I mean, how can they market that as "cereal" or even "food" when it is so obviously CANDY???




Also, I needed to buy vitamins, and the best option was the Disney Princess Gummies. Hoo boy. Everything else was in gigantic bottles. They are actually shaped like princesses, too.



My workout felt long and lame, so I cut my jog short at about 2.60 miles. Tonight I think I'll carb load so I can go longer tomorrow. I opted for a frozen dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. It did not look like the photo.






Alaska drivers are laaaaaaame. Sorry, y'all, but I've seen some pretty heinous behavior on the roads.

I realized that today is the exact halfway point of my stay here! From here on out, I'm closer to going home than being away. That's cool, and I believe the second half will feel more busy. I hope, anyway.

Here's where I am today:

Hmm. I don't have much for this segment today. I'm right atop the hump of this contract. What more can I add to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment